Just me trying to be honest with God.

Monday, April 8, 2013

“If you can learn from hard knocks, you can also learn from soft touches.” Carolyn Kenmore

“Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.” Ps.139
Having read this prayer one might conclude that the writer was a glutton for punishment. Who in their right mind would ask God to test them. Well, probably someone who was tested and remembered it as a season of great personal growth. Consider the weight of testimony in favor of trials. Consider also that value of learning without it. Is it not better to learn and live than live and learn? Don’t go to the school of hard knocks if you don’t need to, but if you need to, learn your lessons well. Conversations Within” ts 4/2/2013 (Jax,FL)