Just me trying to be honest with God.

Monday, April 1, 2013

"We should come to God as we are, not as we wish we would be." C. S. Lewis

“You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue you, Lord, know it completely.” Ps.139 NIV
If God knows what I am going to say before I say it, this means that He not only knows what I am going to do before I do it, He also knows it even as I think it. He reads our thoughts. There is no “right to privacy” law where God is concerned. One advantage of this of course, is that we can speak to God without opening the mouth. Another is that He will often speak to us in our thoughts. We might as well be honest with Him. God knows us better than we know ourselves. I often get the impression that God is introducing me to me. Conversations Within” ts 3/26/2013 (Birmingham, AL)