Just me trying to be honest with God.

Friday, May 10, 2013

“I realize there's something incredibly honest about trees in winter, how they're experts at letting things go.” Jeffrey McDaniel

“For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.” Jer.29
The notion of growing old and letting go this life is starting to take shape around the edges of my sojourn. I know the appointment is inevitable, but like most I manage to push it out of my day to day life. All that I know of God comforts me that grace will accompany me into my autumn years. I once wrote my mother that autumn precedes winter, but autumn is one of the most beautiful seasons of life. It is in autumn that we show the colors of our faith and begin to let go the temporal leaves of this world. Conversations Within” ts 5/3/2013 (Demorest, Ga)