Just me trying to be honest with God.

Sunday, January 22, 2017

“The most essential life skill is teachability.” David Murry

There are times I am uncomfortable about asking God to teach me something because I am afraid of what He might do to teach it to me. We must get over the notion that the only way God can teach us is by some hard and painful experience. I think the Spirit prefers that we pleasantly learn and live rather than painfully live and learn. Of course if we are stubborn, He may very well have to use an unpleasant experience to instruct us. Having a teachable spirit is the one thing that can change that. God does not have to get our attention if He always has it.

“Be not like a horse or a mule, without understanding, which must be curbed with bit and bridle, or it will not stay near you. Ps.32 “Conversations Within” ts 1/15/2017