Just me trying to be honest with God.

Saturday, June 23, 2007

Soar or Wallow

“but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.” Is40.31

Hope is a powerful catalyst for change, an especially so, when hope is put in God. Like faith and love, hope remains one of the big three and often it serves to light the way in times of great distress. But it is difficult to soar with eagles wings if you are wallowing in the mud of self-pity. The promise of these words are to those who hope in the Lord not just to any and all who are downtrodden. Often God must break up the hard ground of self-centered pride before He can sow the seeds of hope in us. My brother once told me that I would not hurt my back when lifting something if I always looked up as I was lifting it. Such simple advise and I have found that it works. I am sure his words have saved me many days of suffering with a strained back.
Look up and you will not be injured, Look down and you will. Hope tells us to look up, self-pity tells us to look at our woes. Look up, or look down. Soar with eagles, or wallow in mud. 6/23/07 ts