Just me trying to be honest with God.

Monday, June 9, 2008

Bone tired…refreshment to the bones

Bone tired…refreshment to the bones
“I…know how to sustain with a word him who is weary.” Is.50.4a ESV

Many things weary us in life but our Savior knows how to strengthen the weary. His words are grace poured out. When we lose our way in the darkness of doubt, His word shines the light of certainty. When strength fails, His instruction is adrenaline to the heart. When discouragement weighs in upon us, He speaks and fills the air with renewed hope. He always says the right thing and says it at the right time. Is there any way to calculate the value of His wisdom or the power of His encouragements?

P.S. Right before we went to bed last night I confessed to my wife that I was tired, what we call “bone tired”-a deep weariness of the soul. The verse above was of course the selected reading for the day. The later part of the verse reads, “Morning by morning he awakens; he awakens my ear to hear as those who are taught.” Is.50.4b 6/9/2008 ts