Just me trying to be honest with God.

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

It is our choices… that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. Albus Dumbledore (J. K. Rowling)

If you are willing and obedient, you shall eat the good of the land…” Is1.19 ESV

What do my choices tell me about myself? Well, my choices tell me that I need help. And, when Christ came into my life, He brought that help. Because of Him, we not only have forgiveness of our sins, He creates in us a desire to choose the Father’s will. Now one thing He did not do, and experience affirms this, He did not remove our old desires. The truth is that Christians still want things that are not good for them. And, as a result, all of us live conflicted lives. Evidently, God’s decision to leave us with these fallen desires expresses His wisdom. By doing so, He is giving to each of us, with His help of course, the chance to take ownership of our new desires and as we do, these desires for God’s pleasure will slowly take ownership of us. We ultimately become what we do. The gift of Christ is more than forgiveness; it is transformation. Only transformed people who desire only goodness will be happy living in the presence of Absolute Goodness. Transformation can only go so far in this place. For now, we must content ourselves with this conflict in us, embrace it if you will, until death or rapture removes all other desires.
11/25/2008 ts