Just me trying to be honest with God.

Friday, November 21, 2008

“The best thing about the future is that it comes only one day at a time.” Abraham Lincoln

“How long shall it be till the end of these wonders?” Dan.12.5 ESV

It is notable that after the angel answered Daniel’s question, Daniel himself replied, “I heard, but I did not understand.” I would have to say that even though many have offered detailed summaries of prophetic scripture, the lack of agreement among Christians, means that for all practical purposes, we too have heard but do not understand much of what the Bible says about the last days. I do not think that Christians should be distressed about this, for we are told that when the time comes “those who are wise shall understand.” It may be that the unfolding of certain details concerning the end times is a need to know kind of thing. In other words, if you need to know, you will know. God has always provided His people with everything they need for life and godliness. And, when the time comes, if perhaps we are around to see it, I am sure that whatever is needed, the Spirit of Jesus will provide. 11/19/2008 ts