Just me trying to be honest with God.

Saturday, November 22, 2008

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey

“All things are lawful for me,” but not all things are helpful. “All things are lawful for me,” but I will not be enslaved by anything. 1Co.6.12 ESV

The Holy Spirit will often lead us to restrict our freedom for several good reasons. One is that just because I am free to do something does not mean I should or that it is profitable. I think we are wise to ask ourselves, “What is the profit in doing this.” Second He may lead us to deny certain freedoms if our participation in them will result in the loss of liberty. It is better to willingly give up my freedom to do something than to lose my ability to say no to it.