Just me trying to be honest with God.

Monday, February 11, 2013

I am the happiest when my thoughts, words, and actions agree with what I know is good, right, and true--not with whatever desire I happen to be having at the moment.

“I discipline my body and make it my slave...” 1Cor.9
I long for a different genre of consistency. I would be consistently agreeable to what I know is good, right and true rather than consistently inconsistent to them. I would live by my convictions and not by fleshly appetites. I want my body to serve me, not vice-versa. The happy man is a free man; free, not to do as He pleases, but to do as he ought. I will know that the Kingdom of God has come when my greatest pleasure and my deepest convictions are, at last, one. Conversations Within” ts 2/4/2013 (Jax, FL)