Just me trying to be honest with God.

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

If you do not want to fall out of love, do not give your heart things that cannot last.

“Where your treasure is there your heart will be also.” Jesus
Do we not treasure what we value and do we not value what brings us joy? The question each of us must ask is “Do I value what is truly valuable?” I suppose one way to test the value of something is not only to ask if it brings me joy but will it bring me lasting joy? When it comes to something like marriage, if I find my joy in the temporal things like physical chemistry, my joy is certain to fade. This is one reason why people fall out of love. Treasure those qualities in your spouse that will never fade but only brighten when the sun of this world has passed. Conversations Within” ts 2/11/2013 (Jax, FL)