Just me trying to be honest with God.

Thursday, September 17, 2015

“Silence is the sleep that nourishes wisdom” Francis Bacon

“For God alone, O my soul, wait in silence, for my hope is from him.” Ps.62

It does little good to talk to God in prayer if we do not listen in return. In my own personal experience, God normally talks to me in my thoughts. Over the years I have learned to discern His words from my own. This is easier when I still my soul in silence. Many times God only repeats what He has already said in the Bible. Other times I hear some personal word usually pertaining to a particular situation or question I have asked.  He will even speak to me in the words of my friends. One thing is clear in each of these instances, I have to be quiet long enough to hear Him speak. Conversations Within” ts 9/11/2015