Just me trying to be honest with God.

Tuesday, March 20, 2018

”What if you simply devoted this year to loving yourself more?” Meme

It took a number of years before I came to the realization that God wants me to love myself. This should not be confused with liking myself. Love, as Christ describes it, is beneficial action. Certainly God wants each of us to do what is in our best interest. Before we think something, or say something, or do something it would be wise to ask if it will bring us benefit or harm. Of course Jesus wants us to think beyond our immediate comfort pursue long term reward, otherwise He probably would not have gone to the cross. It is not a temporal but a lasting joy that is best.
“Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross” Heb.12.2 “Conversations Within” ts 3/11/2018