Just me trying to be honest with God.

Friday, March 5, 2021

“Just because you can’t see something doesn’t mean it’s not there.” Laxus

I remember as a budding Christian how I longed for some sensory expression in God’s interactions with me. I wanted Him to appear to me. After a while I realized that He was encouraging me to nurture a relationship with Him as He is, not as I wanted Him to be. God is a spirit and any relationship with Him is necessarily a spiritual one. He invites us to interact with Him with the eyes of faith. This in no way means that our relationship with Him is any less real than our relationship with anyone, even with our own soul.  

“God is a spirit and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and in truth.” Jesus Conversations Within” ts 2/24/2021

(Photo: Black Balsam Knob, NC)