Just me trying to be honest with God.

Saturday, March 3, 2007

A Higher Point of View

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.” Is7.9

The other day I was speaking to a friend who was in a quandary over an important matter. I was in a quandary about how to counsel my friend. As I was listening I was also silently pleading, “Lord I don’t have a clue how I can help this woman.” It was then, as it happens so many times, that I was reminded that God promises wisdom to those who ask Him. It dawned on me that the encouragement was not only for me but for my friend as well. I suggested that we ask God to give us wisdom on the matter. I am confident that He is doing so.
Perspective is so vital to decision making. One problem we all share is a narrow and limited point of view. God on the other hand, sees everything from above. He looks down from heaven and sees a different picture, a complete picture. Because He is outside the constraints of time and space He is able to see what we cannot see. His is the total picture, ours is fragmented. God not only sees things from His divine perspective but because of the humanity of Christ, He knows the limitations of our own. In this way the Son of Man has come to our aid. He has walked under our hot sun, known the pain of stubbing His toe and shared the limitations of time and space. As the Son of Man He is able to empathize with us, as the Son of God He is able to come to our aid. God’s manner of thinking and acting is different from our own but this does not mean that we cannot ask for His thoughts. Since Jesus comes to live in our hearts we are told that we possess the mind of Christ, and that the secret of the Lord is with those who fear Him.
Our difficulty is reconciling ourselves to His will. Once we are willing to live by God’s wisdom, we are but a few steps away from knowing His wisdom. 3/3/07 ts