Just me trying to be honest with God.

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

“Criticizing others is a dishonest way of praising ourselves." Anonymous

“You know that he appeared to take away sins, and in him there is no sin.” 1Jo3.5 ESV

I am amazed that I still catch myself looking down on the sins of other people with some mistaken notion that I have somehow risen above them. You would think, after all this time of living with myself, I would finally get it, that “there is none righteous no not one” includes me. I think this is one of the reasons God hands me over to some of my pet sins, just to remind me that I have no room whatsoever to pass judgment on another person. That I need to be reminded of this is clear evidence that the virus of pride is still embedded in my operating system.
Brenda and I were talking yesterday about how, with God’s help, we need to purge every critical attitude we have of fellow sinners. Jesus is the only one among us who was born of a virgin mother, who alone has the right to find fault. Period! Yet, He did not come to condemn but to give His sinless life as the ransom for us all. 9/3/2008 ts