Just me trying to be honest with God.

Friday, September 12, 2008

“Practicing the Golden Rule is not a sacrifice; it is an investment.” Anonymous

“…the sojourner has not lodged in the street; I have opened my doors to the traveler.” Job31.32

Several months ago Brenda and I picked up a female hitchhiker, gave her a ride to Selma and put her up for the night. The decision to do this was easy. All I needed to ask was if I would want someone to do this for my daughter? Yesterday my daughter called from downtown Birmingham to say that her car would not start. I was most grateful when she told me that not one, but three separate people were stopping to assist her.
We are reminded time and again that we are our brother’s keeper and that God is most pleased when we look after one another. Most days will afford us some opportunity to do just that. What a wonderful rule is this golden rule. “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.” 9/12/2008 ts