Just me trying to be honest with God.

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

“Sad songs (say so much)” Elton John

“My lyre is turned to mourning, and my pipe to the voice of those who weep.” Job30.31 ESV

In this present but passing age, there will always be a time to weep. We may desire days of endless celebration and laughter but wanting it, is not having it and such is promised to us only in glory. For now, we must be content; that in this place there certainly will be times of sorrow. But though weeping may last for the night, joy comes in the morning. And they that sow in tears will reap with shouts of joy.
It is a sovereign and loving God who has appointed these days of sorrow for each of us. To believe this is to believe that we should not run from our tears but embrace them. Perhaps there are lessons they have come to teach or character they have come to build or, it may be, that God is just asking us to share His tears over a world that has rebelled against Him. Isn’t Jesus called "man of sorrows?" 9/10/2008 ts

“I walked a mile with Pleasure, She chattered all the way; But left me none the wiser, For all she had to say. I walked a mile with Sorrow And ne'er a word said she; But, oh, the things I learned from her When Sorrow walked with me!” Author: Robert Browning Hamilton