Just me trying to be honest with God.

Saturday, December 12, 2009

"Many a Christian prays faintly lest God might really hear him." C. S. Lewis

“…your Father knows what you need before you ask him.” Mt.6.8 ESV

There are many occasions when I do not know what I need to ask from God. Other times I am concerned that I may ask for the wrong thing. The words of Jesus are a great comfort to us in these moments. He assures us that God knows what we need before we ask. I should think this would also apply to prayers for guidance. Sometimes the only thing we can do is to commit ourselves to God’s care, head off in the direction we think best and trust that Father will make any necessary course adjustments. Christ assures us that He will, if we really want Him to. 12/9/2009 Conversations Within ts