Just me trying to be honest with God.

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

“This is the air I breathe, your holy presence living in me.” Michael W. Smith

“And if your right hand leads you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose a part of your body than to have all of it go into hell. ” Mt.5.30

I remember watching some movie where a man had to cut off his hand in order to keep from drowning and wondered if I would be able do something like that. A good friend, who happens also to be my doctor, assured me that I would do whatever it took if I was deprived of air. I suppose the question that Jesus would have us ask ourselves, is will we do whatever it takes to escape hell. To put it another way, is life with God the air of my soul? Is there anything I would not sacrifice if keeping it meant living without Him? 11/30/2009 Conversations Within ts