Just me trying to be honest with God.

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

“Did you hear about the guy who got an award for being humble but they took it back when he accepted it.” Anonymous

“Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them…” Mt.6.1 RSV

There is a difference between calling attention to our actions and having actions, which call attention to God’s work in our life. When we call attention to our own actions, we want everyone to appreciate our own worth. When we live as the latter, we want others know the worth of God. But in our messed up world, people will always have problems giving credit where credit is due. I sometimes become enamored with people who are so “Christ like” in character. I need to remind myself that what really impresses me is Christ working grace in that person. In that sense, we come to realize that we are only the container; Jesus is the elixir of life. 12/5/2009 Conversations Within ts