Just me trying to be honest with God.

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

“I don’t argue I just explain why I am right very loudly.” Unknown

“After the earthquake came a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire. And after the fire came a gentle whisper.” 1 Kings 19

I have volume control problems. My wife says that I have a natural microphone and she is always trying to turn down the volume. Increased volume may communicate our passion about something, but it does not validate what we are saying. Yelling is probably a no no in a constructive conversation. God preferred to speak to the Prophet in a quiet whisper, not the raging fire. I should think it wise to follow His lead and tone it down. Yelling is rarely effective unless you are shouting a warning like, “SHARK!” Even then, the result may be panic and not what you would prefer. Conversations Within” ts 7/23/2015