Just me trying to be honest with God.

Sunday, November 11, 2007

I Pledge Allegiance

“But as for me and my family, we will serve the Lord.” Jos24.15 NLT

Sometimes we are asked to declare our allegiance. Why do we do this? Well sometimes we are drawing a line to help others see where their allegiance lies. We do this either to help them clarify their choices and stand firm or perhaps to convict them to switch sides. We are saying, “I’m with you. Let’s stand together.“ Or we may be asking, “It that really where you want to stand?” Sometimes we declare our allegiance not so much for others as we do it for ourselves. It is good to know where you stand. In the coming Judgment, this will be of singular importance. As for me and my family, “On Christ the solid rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand.“ 11/8/07 ts