Just me trying to be honest with God.

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

The Prayers of One Old Woman

So we have not stopped praying for you since we first heard about you. Col1.9 NLT

The prayers of an old woman I did not know, changed the very course of my life. My mother attended her as a nurse and had once told her of a dream that I had had about being a minister. I was six years old at the time. Laying in a nursing home bed, this woman prayed that I would give my life to Christ, that I would enter the gospel ministry and that I would attend a certain college to prepare for it. Fifteen years later I would meet her daughter while attending that very college, studying for the ministry, only to discover that she had recorded these prayers in a journal. This was the first time I realized how prayer can change not only the course of our own life but the life of everyone for whom we pray.
Prayer is the practice of all fruitful Christians; prayers for oneself and prayers for others. Of course some take this more seriously than others and hence the difference in the power of God expressed in and though them. 11/12/07 ts