Just me trying to be honest with God.

Monday, November 19, 2007

It is well with my soul.

As pressure and stress bear down on me, I find joy in your commands. Ps119.143 NLT

I thank God that He meets me this morning with these words. Pressures and stress crash around me yet inner joy remains as a rock in pounding waves and this certainly because of the assurances of His word. I have experienced the darkness of caves and the deep forest at night and know the comfort that a little light brings. But God’s instructions are no small light and His encouragements shine with the brilliance of the rising dawn. When the trials of life come in upon me, it is His precious word that lights the soul and strengthens the heart. When the storm approaches, there is no greater peace than to feel His powerful hand on your shoulder and His whisper that all is well in your heart.
When peace, like a river, attendeth my way,
When sorrows like sea billows roll;
Whatever my lot, Thou has taught me to say,
It is well, it is well, with my soul. Spafford
11/15/07 ts