Just me trying to be honest with God.

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

There is nothing like a flower in bloom.

“…established in the faith, as you have been taught, abounding in it with thanksgiving.” Col2.7 NKJV

I always know when my new garden plants are established. They bountifully bloom. So it is with the heart of a new Christian. A believer who is well established in the faith blooms with prolific thanksgiving.
Our faith teaches us that God is over all things, that He works all things for good to those who love Him and that if He has given us Christ how shall He not also give us all things with Him. Gratitude blooms in the heart that leans on these things. Appreciation teems in the waters that flow from the mouth of a mature saint. Admiration escalates in our adoration of God’s great goodness in Christ. My brother once commended to me about a person who is finally doing what they were created to do. He poetically stated, “There is nothing like a flower in bloom.“ 11/24/07 ts