Just me trying to be honest with God.

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Close call

...though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down, for the Lord upholds his hand. Ps37.24

Once while rock climbing, my protection broke from the wall and I fell all the way to the ground and landed flat on my back. As God would have it, my belay partner had quickly responded and though I landed on my back, his quick hand broke my fall. I had what we describe as a "close call."
In His gracious wisdom, God has decided to allow many things in the lives of His children, which could properly be described as a fall. It may be a fall from physical even spiritual health or a fall from economic prosperity, or a plunge into emotional upheaval but, and this is an important but, He will not allow these falls to utterly cast us down. He is a Father like no other and nothing can happen to us that is beyond His power to control and thought we might have many "close calls," God will never misjudge and make a mistake in our handling. He will never let go of our hand and will see us through every trial and raise us from every fall. He makes no apology that He sometimes delivers on the other side of the river, that after all, is our intended destination anyway.