Just me trying to be honest with God.

Friday, April 11, 2008

Nudge me!

When words are many, transgression is not lacking, but whoever restrains his lips is prudent. Pro10.19 ESV

Teachers love to talk but as with most things we can talk too much. Brenda and I have an agreed upon signal whenever she feels I am monopolizing a conversation. She will nudge me under the table, or walk up and gently put her hand on my arm. It is a kindness she does for me. The Holy Spirit also does this for me. The other day I was having a conversation with two other friends. One of them said something that reminded me of a story. As I started to relate it the Holy Spirit inwardly asked me to consider the value of telling it. It was one of those rare moments when I held my tongue. Yet, only a few minutes later I figured out another story I could tell and quickly did so before the Holy Spirit could ask me to consider it as well. Nudge me Lord, nudge me. “Let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak.” 4/11/2008 ts