Just me trying to be honest with God.

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Is it too good to be true?

In every way you were enriched in him. 1Co1.5 ESV

Do I really believe that Christ has joined Himself to me? Has He really entered my very soul and taken up residence in me? Is the everlasting God not only with me but also in me? Every promise of the gospel says that these things are true and they are true for anyone who looks in faith to Christ. He is ever blessing us and Christ Himself is our greatest blessing. To possess Him is to possess every good thing. “For in him the whole fullness of deity dwells bodily, and you have been filled in him, who is the head of all rule and authority.”
We have all heard the expression “this is just too good to be true.” Well, His life in us for sure is a good beyond our imagination and it is as true as His expressed love at the cross. Perhaps doubting that this is true is the reason behind our many failures. Christ patiently waits for this revelation to sink in, and all that it means to dawn in our hearts. He is like the young man eagerly watching his young woman as she looks with unbelief at the ring he has just slipped on her finger. He waits for her unbelief to turn into joy and her amazement into tears of realization. 4/8/2008 ts