Just me trying to be honest with God.

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

When we question God’s power to forgive.

“I have blotted out your transgressions like a cloud and your sins like mist…” Is44.22 ESV

I have known seasons of utter defeat where my personal sins have gotten the best of me. I still know them. Even when I consider areas where I have experienced some measure of victory, battles must be waged daily, yes, even hourly. Yet, Christians know that our struggle against these things is not to earn Heaven. Heaven is the free gift of God. We struggle because the Prince of Heaven lives in us and though He loves us as we are, He will not leave us this way. To give us this gift of Heaven He has blotted out our transgressions, and this, through Christ Jesus. He now fits us to live there and we surely must be refitted if we are to enjoy the joys of Heaven.
We can also know days of defeat just pondering past sins. We do this when we question God’s power to forgive and allow our shame to cripple us. Doing so is a complete waste of time. When we are tempted to do this, these words offer help. “Fear not, for you will not be ashamed; be not confounded, for you will not be disgraced; for you will forget the shame of your youth…the Holy One of Israel is your Redeemer.” 4/9/2008 ts