Just me trying to be honest with God.

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Enter His Gates!

“The one who offers thanksgiving as his sacrifice glorifies me.” Ps50.23 ESV

I was surfing random journals the other day on the net and came upon one that made an impact. It was the personal journal of a wife and mother and after reading a few paragraphs, I began to realize that this woman was simply making a list of things for which she was thankful. She was grateful for the privilege of being a mom, grateful for her children and husband; the list went on and on. I was moved! What a wonderful exercise! I decided to borrow her idea and created my own journal of thanksgiving and titled it “Enter His Gates!” I purpose to visit it daily and write down something as an offering of thanks to God.
There is little room for weeds of pessimism if our garden abounds with flowers of praise.
Enter His gates with thanksgiving and His courts with praise. Be thankful unto Him and bless His name. For the Lord is good; his steadfast love endures forever, and his faithfulness to all generations.4/17/2008 ts