Just me trying to be honest with God.

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Perfect love

For I am sure that neither death nor life… will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord. Rom.8.39 ESV

There are times when I am more certain of this promise than others. Of course even those moments when I wonder about God’s love I am not separated from it. Nothing in death, nothing in life can stay His loving hand. God’s love for us is not fragmented or limited in scope as ours may be. His love is perfect in knowledge, wisdom, action and feeling. I must tell myself that His wisdom has decided to allow my present circumstances if only because He is seeking my good in ways above my understanding. This may mean that the floodwaters may rise around me, and whether they rise because of my own foolishness, or not, He will not abandon me even to me. Nothing can separate us from His love and in the end this may mean, at least for some of us, that He will ultimately have to save us even from ourselves.