Just me trying to be honest with God.

Friday, May 8, 2009

“Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.” Helen Keller

“For you will render to a man according to his work.” Ps.62.12 ESV

When I read that God is going to make sure I get all that is coming to me, I am somewhat nervous. Now I know that Christ has died for my sins, and I do not expect to be condemned at judgment for there is no judgment that condemns in Christ. Still, this verse means something, and something of real importance. If I am nervous, it is my own fault. I should be excited that God is taking into account my works of faith and that my life will not pass into the void of vanity. Each day is an opportunity to add something of worth to the enterprise of life in Christ. There is no need to be nervous if we are engaged in activities of faith, hope and love. I find great comfort in the words of Jesus. “I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should last, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name, he may give it to you.” 5/6/2009 Conversations Within ts