Just me trying to be honest with God.

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

“The longer I live, the more faith I have in Providence, and the less faith in my interpretation of Providence” Jeremiah Day

“I will sing aloud of your steadfast love in the morning.” Ps.59.16 ESV

God expresses love to us in acts of providence. Not long ago, people actually referred to God using the word “Providence.” They would say things like, “If Providence permits,” or “as Providence decides” and by it they would mean, “If God permits or decides.” Actually, the word “providence” comes from the word “provide.” God is a provider; He is the Provider. Jesus tells us to see God as a Father, not as some impersonal Fate. As a Father, He steadfastly provides all that is needed to know and love Him. Jesus told us that to know and love God is life. Indeed, to trust in Providence is eternal life because it will take an eternal life to know such a God. 5/4/2009 Conversations Within ts