Just me trying to be honest with God.

Thursday, May 21, 2009

The real voyage of discovery consists of not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes. - Marcel Proust

"All in vain have I kept my heart clean…” Ps.73.13 ESV

There are days when I throw my hands up and think, “What’s the use in trying or trusting for that matter?” We might feel this way when God fails to answer what we consider a reasonable request. Or, maybe we know about some godless person living on easy street while a good and decent friend suffers sickness or financial hardship. We may feel exasperated after returning to a sin we thought conquered or after struggling for years with some shameful behavior with little progress. David felt this frustration until he went into the sanctuary of His God. There the light of Heaven gave him a fresh vision of the eternal perspective. Very few things in this world look the same when viewed from our seat in heavenly places. 5/19/2009 Conversations Within ts