Just me trying to be honest with God.

Friday, May 1, 2009

“Some days there won't be a song in your heart. Sing anyway.” Emory Austin

“My heart is steadfast, O God, my heart is steadfast!” Ps.57.7 ESV

Here is an argument in song, beautiful to behold. Young David argues himself out of doubt and fear. He does so with harp and lyre. It is good to surround yourself with songs of thanksgiving and melodies of praise. “My heart is steadfast, O God, my heart is steadfast!” And where does future king sing his song? He was in a cave fleeing from his enemies. He echoes his own echo off the cavern walls and declares his faith in God though following Him means, hiding in a cave. Are you in a cave? Does darkness surround? If there is no light then fill the darkness with the sound of your praise. Awaken the dawn and the light within you shall brighten the darkest caves. 5/1/2009 Conversations Within ts