Just me trying to be honest with God.

Thursday, October 4, 2007

Blessed Hope

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead. 1Pe1.3 NKJV

What does the resurrection of Christ mean to me? Pretty much everything I suppose. I cannot think of a single aspect of my life that isn’t tied to it. All that I believe that is right and wrong, good and bad, all my values are founded on the rock rolled away from that tomb. My belief in that empty grave has given me all my other beliefs and laid the foundation of all that I am. My hope of Heaven, my favorable acceptance by God, all rest on a living Savior not a dead martyr. Why do I go to work today? Why do I give thanks for my food, or pray or play for that matter? Simply put, I would find life in every breath and every breath in the Author of life. Knowing that there is more to life than just this life has shaped my very purpose. All my hopes and dreams rest on His resurrection because in it I look to Him for my own. 10/3/07 ts