Just me trying to be honest with God.

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Making Plans in the Garden

There are many plans in a man heart, Nevertheless the LORD counsel that will stand. Pro19.21 NKJV

Yesterday I told a new friend some of the ministry plans we are making after Sarah graduates. Last night I spoke with a friend about some of the ministry plans he and his wife are making next year. Now the simple truth is this, our plans will come into fruitful reality only in the counsel of Christ. God has promised not only to guide us with His counsel, but to establish the work of our hands when we seek and follow it.
Like most sincere Christians, I have worried, from time to time, about missing God’s will for my life. A good friend once gave me the assurance that, when I really want God’s will, I can be sure He will lead me in it. I think the problem lies in truly wanting God’s will, no matter what it may be. It that not what Christ prayed in the garden? 10/10/07 ts