Just me trying to be honest with God.

Friday, October 26, 2007

Songs are for sharing.

“speaking to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord, Eph.5.19 NKJV

Music is such a precious gift. It is one of those extras in life and as someone rightly said, “It is only goodness that gives extras.“
There are things expressed in song that cannot be other wise communicated. In recent years, the Lord has used my son to reawaken me to devotional exercises in song. Ben is all the time coming over with a new song to share. Someone shared a song via email with me yesterday. Songs are for sharing.
I remember as a young Christian, before contemporary Christian music was a category, I would express my soul to the Lord, using the lyrics of contemporary love songs. How blessed we are to have so many these days who express in song all that we would sing to Him in our heart. Of course, it is heart songs which are best. Sing to the Lord. Sing to the Lord a new song. Sing to the Lord your song! 10/25/07 ts