Just me trying to be honest with God.

Monday, October 15, 2007

Non-conformist

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God. Ro12.2 NKJV

I sit this morning in a utility trailer, converted into a camper, looking out a clear shower curtain as a window. I am wearing tie died colored sweats, no shirt, it is fifty-five degrees outside and I dawns on me that I might be considered by my neighbors as a non-conformist.
Christ wants us to be non-conformist of a sort. Not just different to be different, but different because we think and act as God children. Christ would have us not conform but transform. Our non-conformity is because Christ is transforming the way we think, the way we see people and the way we view the world around us. His presence in us is turning us from darkness to light, from lust to love, from selfishness to service. 10/14/07 ts