Just me trying to be honest with God.

Monday, October 22, 2007

The precious eyes of surrender.

My eyes are ever toward the LORD, For He shall pluck my feet out of the net. Ps25.15 NKJV

One Sunday Brenda and I returned home from church and found our yellow lab Sandy, laying helplessly trapped on the back porch. She had evidently started playing with the hammock, pulled it down and got her foot tangled in it. It was clear that she had struggled to get free, but by the time we got back home she was completely defeated. All she could do was plead for help with her precious brown eyes. I had to cut up the hammock to free her. We were grateful and relieved when the circulation slowly returned to her foot and she joyfully jumped around happy for her freedom.
I would have to say that most of the traps which have entangled my life have come from playing where I should not have been playing. But once trapped, it matters little to you how you got there, you just want to be set free. Are you trapped? Stop struggling and look to Him. He often waits for that surrendered look in our eyes before He will step in and free us. If I, as evil as I am, came to the rescue of my helpless dog, how much more will the Father come and rescue all who look to Him with the precious eyes of surrender. 10/17/07 ts