Just me trying to be honest with God.

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Great Opportunity

Therefore You are great, O Lord GOD. For there is none like You, nor is there any God besides You, according to all that we have heard with our ears. 2Sam7.22 NKJV

The childhood prayer which begins, "God is great! God is good..." is a powerful description of God. Beyond the words, it is better to experience God’s greatness rather than describe or define it. In what ways do I know Him to be great? Well, He has been greatly patient with me for one thing. I marvel at this and often wonder why He has not given up on my transformation. Yet, every morning I wake and He is still there, ready to whisper inner encouragements.
We are told that God’s greatness is unsearchable but this does not make it unknowable. And, as we experience His great patience each day, let us avail ourselves also of His great power to be different than we are. God is not just great in patience, He is a great opportunity for change. Let us at least know His greatness in that. 10/15/07 ts