Just me trying to be honest with God.

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

We are His Signature

I, even I, am the LORD, And besides Me there is no savior.
Is43.11 NKJV

The modern state of Israel is nothing less than a miracle--the Church of Christ certainly no less. And, I do not use the word miracle lightly. What I mean, is that the existence of so many who pledge allegiance to the God of Abraham, is nothing less than a divine work in this world. The verse above is God’s signature to this, His declaration after preserving faith in Israel. In effect, the LORD is telling us to look at the wonder of a childless man named Abram, who is now the father of nations, and know that He did this. “I, even I, am the LORD…”
Is it not a marvel, that six thousand years have passed since God promised Abraham, that all the nations of the earth would be blessed in him and here we sit this morning and regard this simple goat herder as the Father of all who believe in God? God is saying, “I did this, no one else, trust me when I make a promise to you.” Our very faith is His signature, that He even He, is the LORD. 10/8/07 ts