Just me trying to be honest with God.

Friday, February 15, 2008

Blue eyes

Who can say, “I have made my heart pure”? Pr20.9 ESV

Jesus tells us that the pure in heart will see God. We can be sure that it will be God who has made our hearts pure. We may cooperate with Him in the process just as a child helps his father build a tree house. In the end, everyone knows who actually built it, but the Father humbly and patiently shows and asks the child to do this and that. And, when the child becomes a man and builds a tree house with his child, all the skill will have come from his own father.
All the good that is in us is from God. All the good that we become is likewise because the Holy Spirit is always working in us. I think we will know when our heart is pure, just as a person knows if they have blue eyes. But who can say, “I have made my eyes blue.” 2/15/2008 ts