Just me trying to be honest with God.

Friday, February 1, 2008

Footprints

“…for we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2Co5.7 ESV

I cannot see my soul, just its reflections appearing behind my cursor. I cannot see the air, just the rising and falling of my chest. I cannot see the wind, just its passage through forest trees. I cannot see God, just His love and goodness in answer to my prayers. All that is invisible certainly spills over into the visible.
Now, if what I see helps me trust God for all I do not see, then am I truly walking by faith and not by sight? Is not my sight guiding my faith? Well yes, but what we see behind us can only follow us so far on our journey toward the eternal. We eventually come up to the place where the only thing that God gives us is His word. Our faith then is not only that God exist, there is proof enough of that. Our faith is not only that this God is trustworthy and good, there is proof enough of that. Because faith is answered, there will always be footprints behind me, but I will always need faith for steps that lie in front of me--where the footprint is yet to be made. 2/1/2008 ts