Just me trying to be honest with God.

Friday, February 22, 2008

Dating Superman!

“I am the Lord who sanctifies you.” Lev20.8 ESV

I remember when Superman decided to court Lois Lane. He used his super powers to fly all over the world, and put together the perfect date. He brought flowers picked fresh from the rain forest, and a sparkling diamond from crushed coal in his powerful hands. I was impressed!
Christ has decided to pursue us as a young man pursues a woman. It is His goal to win over our hearts and so He calls us every hour, and writes us everyday, and leaves messages of love for us to find. He is our Superman and loves us with His super powers. All of spring is the bouquet He brings, the fragrance of every flower, His cologne and song of every bird, His love song. Every event in every day is His personal arrangement to meet with us, to secret us away into the joy of His love. No detail escapes His attention, and no good thing does He withhold from His intended bride.
When I consider the energies I spend each day seeking after Christ, I am humbled by the simple truth that it is Christ who is in fact, seeking me. Our interest in Him is principally the result of His interest in us. Thus it is the Lord who sets us apart as His radiant bride. And that, is what all that sanctification stuff is all about. 2/21/2008 ts