Just me trying to be honest with God.

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

My cup runneth over

"and the grace of our Lord overflowed for me with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus." 1Ti1.14 ESV

I believe it was Jonathan Edwards who compared God to an infinite fountain, which "overflows in streams and rivers of love and delight." The Father's love for His Son and the Son's love for His Father have overflowed in love for us. It is clear the God's grace overflows to us, so that faith and love may overflow from us. And, as this stream began, the center of this overflow is love for Jesus. God's grace overflowed to us in the gift of Christ and our faith and love for others spring from our faith and love for Jesus. When I love Christ I love you, when I love you I am loving Christ.
It is wonderful beyond measure to live life as the overflow of faith and love, to be caught up in this never-ending stream of divine glory and sweetness. Did not David, declare, "My cup runneth over!" 2/6/2008 ts