Just me trying to be honest with God.

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Being clear on who does what?

“I can do all things through him who strengthens me.” Phil4.13 ESV

There are things that God has delegated for us to do. He will not do them for us and if we do not do them they simply will not get done. And, while this is true, it is also true that when we do those things delegated to us, we will do them only with His help and never without it. One would think that this is stating the obvious, yet there are those who would blame God for the bad things, for which they were responsible and take full credit for the good things, which they could not have done without His assistance. God has chosen to work “with us” on many projects; and there are some things, which He alone must do. Each of us should be clear on what God has delegated to us, and what He alone can do. And, when we do the things assigned to us, let us by all means rely on His strength to do them. We can be sure He will not ask us to do anything, which we cannot do without His help, unless of course He is showing us one of those things, which He alone can do. Simply put, God can work without me, I can never accomplish anything of value without Him, and He will generally not do my job for me. 5/21/2008 ts