Just me trying to be honest with God.

Monday, May 5, 2008

Health Care

And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life? Mat6.27 ESV

I have reached the age where one begins to wonder about each new pain. Is the discomfort in my chest heart related, or do I have cancer? People in my family tend to blow things out of proportion and to their worst possible scenario. When you consider that a large percentage of doctor visits are for stress related conditions and symptoms, being overly concerned about one’s health is not healthy.
The truth is that all the uncertainties in our life are a gift from God. All that is unknown approaching us in the next hour affords us the opportunity to trust the Father with our care. He has tied our security to Him in this fashion. I exercise, take vitamins, ingest flax seed oil, drink pro-biotic yogurt, and take baby aspirin. This is all well and good but anxiety over my heath and security will not add a single second to my life and more than likely worry can undo all these beneficial practices.
The truth is that none of us will get out of this place alive. Worry will not change this and we should find comfort in the knowledge that God promises to look after us and give us all things necessary for life and godliness while we are here. “My strength and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.” Ps73.26 5/5/08 ts