Just me trying to be honest with God.

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Rescue efforts in China

“a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief” Is53.3 ESV

Yesterday I read about the thousands of people in China trapped beneath rubble after its violent earthquake. I could not help but picture myself trapped in darkness, crushed yet alive and all the while wondering if someone would be able to get to you in time. I also thought of Fathers and mothers, husbands and wives who have loved ones trapped under the rubble, desperately wondering if they are alive or dead. I was moved to pray. I found out later that some of my friends were also being moved to pray. In such moments the Holy Spirit acquaints us with a very small part of the sorrows of Christ. All the sufferings of every man woman and child are always before him and He ever lives to pray for them. He does so, many times, in our prayers. The starving in Darfur, the oppressed in Zimbabwe, those trapped in the horrors of addiction, or separated from love ones because of war, are ever in His thoughts. And while He prays for these things He surely considers the whole world of souls walking in darkness, unaware of the Father's love. Yesterday I also read that Franklin Graham the son of Billy Graham is in China preaching the gospel to thousands. I again was moved to pray and with the same intensity, that souls would be found and that the word of life would rescue the perishing. Let us pray with Him and share His sorrows. 5/14/2008 ts